The following charges are based on a typical registered freehold residential property purchase by 2 people at £190,000 in England with a mortgage (not first time buyers):
|Fees and Disbursements||Cost||VAT||Cost including VAT|
|HM Land Registry fee||£95.00||Nil||£95.00|
|Electronic money transfer fee||£40.00||£8.00||£48.00|
|Land registry fee||£3.00||Nil||£3.00|
|Lawyer checker fee||£12.00||£2.40||£14.40|
|Estimated total including stamp duty||£2604.40|
The Stamp Duty or Land Tax you need to pay always depends on the purchase price of your property and whether or not you are a UK resident.
For the above example the Stamp Duty Land Tax is £1,300.00
The prices provided above are a general guide. Our estimated fee assumes that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion, or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complications arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties in providing documentation
- you are not an investment buyer
- no indemnity insurance is required
As each transaction is different we are very happy to discuss your individual situation and provide you with a more precise and personalised quote, so please do get in touch with us.