Employment Law Services for Business
At Brindley Twist Tafft & James, our employment lawyers are commercially aware and highly experienced. We provide pragmatic and comprehensive advice on employment law and, because every business is unique, our service is bespoke and personal.
We will take the time to get to know your business and you’ll have direct access to our individual employment solicitors at all times – solicitors with in-depth specialist knowledge of employment law. When issues arise, you can be confident that we know and understand your business and can provide you with the best legal advice, at short notice and when it matters.
Whether you are facing an Employment Tribunal claim, whether you need to manage the process of an employee’s departure or you need to know how to organise a redundancy procedure, we will provide practical advice to achieve the best solution.
We draft up-to-date contracts of employment and staff handbooks to ensure that your business is legally compliant in this respect. We also help you navigate and stay on top of the latest employment law developments which may affect you.
Our straightforward expert advice allows you to reduce your risk of employment claims and get on with the smooth running of your business.
Our employment solicitors can help you with a whole range of areas including:
- Advising you about the following employment claims, amongst others:
- Unfair dismissal
- Constructive dismissal
- Wrongful dismissal (breach of contract) eg unpaid notice monies
- Discrimination – (sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment)
- Unlawful deductions of wages
- Claims relating to family friendly rights
- Defending you in Employment Tribunal claims
- Preparation and advice on Settlement Agreements which settle disputes with employees
- Advising you on the correct way to carry out investigations, grievance, disciplinary and redundancy procedures
- Dealing with issues concerning attendance, long-term sickness or performance
- Advising you about day-to-day employment/HR issues
- Advising you about post-termination restrictive covenants and confidentiality
- Drafting key documents which you may require for your business including contracts of employment, policies and staff handbooks
- Advising on the employment law aspects of business restructuring, for example, making redundancies or undergoing a Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
We are very happy to discuss your requirements with you so please get in touch.
The data protection law changed on 25th May 2018 and The General Data Protection Regulation, referred to as the GDPR, now applies. To make sure you understand what your business might need to do to protect personal data, please visit our GDPR page.