Employment Law Solicitors
We know that facing difficulties at work can be stressful.
Whether you feel you have been treated unfairly by your employer or faced the unacceptable behaviour of colleagues, our employment solicitors are specialists in all aspects of employment law and can help.
Our specialist employment law solicitors advise employees and directors across all occupations and industries.
Our experience includes advising you about your employment claims and representing you in the Employment Tribunal.
We can help you with a range of employment issues including:
- Unfair dismissal
- Constructive dismissal
- Wrongful dismissal (breach of contract) eg unpaid notice monies
- Discrimination – sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment
- Unlawful deductions of wages
- Claims relating to family friendly rights
- Settlement Agreements and negotiating improved terms
- Employment procedures which may affect you e.g. investigations, suspension, disciplinary (misconduct and performance management) and long-term sickness procedures
- Grievance procedures
- Post-termination restrictive covenants
- Your rights regarding business takeovers where the law on the Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE) applies.
How we can help
We realise that employment issues are often very sensitive and sometimes complex in their nature. We will carefully listen to your concerns and take the time needed to thoroughly understand your particular situation. We’ll explain the options available to you and, because we are highly experienced at working with employers as well as employees, we have the expertise to know how best to handle your claim to get you the best outcome.
We are regularly instructed by employees to assess their employment situation. We provide employees with advice about their next steps, whether this be in a disciplinary or grievance situation or otherwise. We are often asked by employees to write to their employer seeking a severance package and a mutual termination of employment under a Settlement Agreement (formerly known as a Compromise Agreement).
Perhaps your employer has initiated the offer of a Settlement Agreement to you? We can advise you upon the terms of a Settlement Agreement even if we have not had any prior involvement in your employment situation. If your employer asks you to sign a Settlement Agreement, it is a legal requirement that you take independent legal advice upon the terms of the Settlement Agreement and your employer will normally pay a contribution towards those legal fees.
Get in touch with our Employment Law Solicitors
If you have any concerns about the way in which you have been treated at work and to find out how we can help, please get in touch.
We work across the whole of the Coventry and Warwickshire region including Rugby, Nuneaton, Bedworth, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Warwick, Atherstone, and Balsall Common as well as further afield.