In line with Government guidelines for safe working during the COVID pandemic, access to our office is strictly by a pre-arranged appointment only, and only where absolutely necessary. We are open for business with some staff working in the office and others from home, they can still be contacted in the usual way either by telephone or email.

In respect of your pre-arranged appointment, if you develop symptoms of COVID, or have in the last 14 days come into contact with someone with COVID or symptoms of, we ask that you contact the office by telephone/email to arrange a new appointment or discuss if there is an appropriate alternative to your meeting.

The safety of our staff and clients is of paramount importance to us and so thank you for your continued co-operation during these unprecedented times.

Emergency Injunctions

Emergency Injunctions

You can apply for an ‘injunction’ if you’ve been the victim of domestic violence.

An injunction is a court order that either:

  • protects you or your child from being harmed or threatened by the person who’s abused you – (‘non-molestation order’)
  • decides who can live in the family home or enter the surrounding area – (‘occupation order’)

The person named in the emergency injunction can be arrested if they breach this injunction.

What is considered to be Domestic Violence has developed over recent years. It now covers much more than physical harm; namely emotional, financial, sexual and psychological abuse.  We advise that if you have suffered any of the above harm, that you report this to the police, and seek medical assistance as soon as possible.

We understand that these matters can be extremely traumatic as clients often feel they are re-living the recent events and moreover, it may be aired in court. We pride ourselves on ensuring we take all the stress away from you during this difficult time.

Our solicitors are skilled in supporting victims of crime and have extensive experience with helping victims of domestic violence.   They ensure that each case is dealt with differently, there is no tick box approach used, but instead clients receive their utmost attention and excellent service throughout.

Time is often of the essence in these emergency injunction applications and the first hearing is usual without notice to the other party concerned. We charge a fixed fee for preparing for and attending the first hearing.

After the first hearing, we will provide you with a costs estimate for future proceedings. Not only will legal advice be given throughout, but also practical advice.  We understand that often you need someone to assist in various ways. We have links with many professionals who can help and support you where necessary.

Whilst we do not offer legal aid at Brindley Twist Tafft and James for these proceedings, we can arrange suitable payment options for payment of your legal fees.

Please contact Samantha Chater to see how we can help.