The following charges are based on a typical registered leasehold residential property purchase by 2 people at £295,000 with a fixed ground rent of £150.00 per annum in England (not first time buyers) with a mortgage:
|Fees and Disbursements||Cost||VAT||Cost including VAT|
|HM Land Registry fee||£135.00||Nil||£135.00|
|Electronic money transfer fee||£40.00||£8.00||£48.00|
|Land registry fee||£3.00||Nil||£3.00|
|Lawyer checker fee||£10.00||£2.00||£12.00|
|Estimated total including stamp duty||£6182.90|
The Stamp Duty or Land Tax you need to pay depends on the purchase price of your property.
For the above example the Stamp Duty Land Tax is £4,750.00.
You should also be aware that ground rent and service charge are likely to apply throughout your ownership of the property. We confirm the ground rent and the anticipated service charge as soon as we receive this information.
The prices provided above are a general guide. Our estimated fee assumes that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion, or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complications arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties in providing documentation
- you are not an investment buyer
- no indemnity insurance is required
As each transaction is different we are very happy to discuss your individual situation and provide you with a more precise and personalised quote, so please do get in touch with us.