- Family & Divorce
- Landlord & Tenant
- Dispute Resolution
- Personal Injury
- Notarial Services
- Medical Negligence
Employment Law Services for Individuals
We know that facing difficulties at work can be stressful. Whether you feel you have been treated unfairly by your employer or faced the unacceptable behaviour of colleagues, our employment solicitors are specialists in all aspects of employment law and can help.
Our specialist employment law solicitors advise employees and directors across all occupations and industries. Our experience includes advising you about:
- your employment claims and representing you in the Employment Tribunal, including:
- Unfair dismissal
- Constructive dismissal
- Wrongful dismissal (breach of contract) eg unpaid notice monies
- Discrimination – sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment
- Unlawful deductions of wages
- Claims relating to family friendly rights
- Settlement Agreements and negotiating improved terms
- Employment procedures which may affect you e.g. investigations, suspension, disciplinary (misconduct and performance management) and long-term sickness procedures
- Grievance procedures
- Post-termination restrictive covenants
- Your rights regarding business takeovers where the law on the Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE) applies.
We realise that employment issues are often very sensitive and sometimes complex in their nature. We will carefully listen to your concerns and take the time needed to thoroughly understand your particular situation. We’ll explain the options available to you and, because we are highly experienced at working with employers as well as employees, we have the expertise to know how best to handle your claim to get you the best outcome.
We are regularly instructed by employees to assess their employment situation. We provide employees with advice about their next steps, whether this be in a disciplinary or grievance situation or otherwise. We are often asked by employees to write to their employer seeking a severance package and a mutual termination of employment under a Settlement Agreement (formerly known as a Compromise Agreement).
We are also asked by employees to advise upon the terms of Settlement Agreements even if we have not had any prior involvement with the employees. It is a legal requirement that employees take independent legal advice upon the terms of Settlement Agreements and the employer will pay a contribution towards those legal fees.
If you have any concerns about the way in which you have been treated at work and to find out how we can help, please get in touch.
We work across the whole of the Coventry and Warwickshire region including Rugby, Nuneaton, Bedworth, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Warwick, Atherstone and Balsall Common as well as further afield.