The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) has been fighting for the rights of injured people for over 25 years. A not-for-profit campaign organisation, APIL’s member lawyers are dedicated to changing the law, protecting and enhancing access to justice and improving the services provided for victims of personal injury. APIL has grown over the years to become the leading, most respected organisation in this field, constantly working to promote and develop expertise in the practise of personal injury law, for the benefit of injured people.
Each practitioner member must make a declaration that they practice in the field of personal injury and that their practice in that field is predominantly for the injured or victims of accidents.
APIL members recognise the need to:
· Provide a professional service;
· Keep themselves informed, educated and up to date with current law and procedure;
· Share information with other APIL members;
· Maximise the amount of compensation receivable in the hands of the client;
· Ensure that the client is fully aware of, and fully professionally advised, on all costs issues, including public funding, where available.
· Ensure that clients have the opportunity to receive advice on the investment and/or use of damages
Members of APIL subscribe to a code of conduct and support APIL’s main objectives.
APIL’s objectives are:
· To promote full and just compensation for all types of personal injury
· To promote and develop expertise in the practice of personal injury law
· To promote wider redress for personal injury in the legal system
· To campaign for improvement in personal injury law
· To promote safety and alert the public to hazards wherever they arise
· To promote a communication network for members