Dawn has over 30 years experience dealing with clinical negligence cases of all types including:
- Complaints against any Medical Provider such as a Hospital, GP, Physiotherapist, Consultant etc.
- Inquests and Incidents resulting in Fatality
- Dental incidents particularly dealing with implants, resorption or periodontal disease
- Ophthalmic incidents leading to blindness or partial sight particularly relating to Cataract surgery or Option Nerve Sheath Fenestration operations or damage to eye or eyelid following surgery
- Failure to diagnose serious diseases such as Cancer, Crohns disease etc
- Gynaecological or Obstetric injuries of any type
- Catastrophic paediatric cases arising from poorly controlled or managed labour resulting in conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, Erbs Palsy/Brachial Plexus injury/Shoulder dystocia and/or a difficult labour leading to symptoms of Dyspraxia (lack of co-ordination).
- Any incidents of potentially negligent medical treatment leading to or resulting in brain damage.
- Failure of hospital to diagnose damage to tendons particularly if it transpires the tendons have snapped or been cut.
- Failure to diagnose or properly treat severe illnesses in children by hospital or GP.
- Failure to properly diagnose or treat any condition leading to Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
Dawn is also:-
Secretary to LLR CBIT Family Support Group
Trustee of LLR Headway and Vice Chair of Fundraising, Media and Politics Committee
and has won the following awards:-
Winner of ILEX Pro Bono Award 2006
Winner Leicestershire Law Society Chartered Legal Executive of the Year 2013
Dawn was a co-author along with a Consultant Neuropsychologist of “Clinical and legal issues associated with the use of cycle helmets” published in Social Care and Neurodisability Journal – Issue 4 2012.
In her free time, Dawn loves spending time with her family here and overseas.
She would like to say that she is a Beagle owner but feels that it is probably more the other way round and her Beagle owns her!