We are looking to recruit a permanent, full time, experienced Administrator to deal with file opening for the whole of the Conveyancing Department to be based at our Coventry Office. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Administrator to join an established Firm and develop their career.
The prime role of the File Opening Clerk is to provide direct support to the incredibly busy Conveyancing Department to ensure the department operates at optimum efficiency with particular emphasis on file opening, anti-money laundering checks, and regulatory requirements. E.g., CML, CQS, SRA.
This role would suit an experienced Administrator and or Paralegal.
Required qualifications, and experience.
- Previous experience or knowledge of working in a Conveyancing Department is desirable however full training will be given.
- Strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to multi-task and keep all the plates spinning.
- Understanding of Anti-Money Laundering, Mortgage Fraud, Cyber Crime, and the risks facing the conveyancing profession.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing and a confident and professional telephone manner.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office applications especially MS Word and Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work within the requirement of confidentiality and in line with GDPR.
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Knowledge of case management systems and how they work is desirable but not essential, however a willingness to learn and adhere to new systems is a must.
Opening all new matters for the conveyancing department in adherence to our file opening procedures.
Undertaking due diligence and ensuring that new matters are compliant in respect of Anti-Money Laundering & CML requirements
Assist with the preparation of client care letters, ensuring that the information is correct and calculating stamp duty and relevant fees prior to the letters being sent out.
Chasing clients for outstanding documents and ID
Prepare file opening forms and support documentation for submission to the Money Laundering Administration department.
Upon completion of the file opening process, prepare the physical file in accordance with departmental procedure prior to handover to the conveyancing fee earner and ensure the case transaction details are populated in the case management system.
Assisting the Head of Department and Supervising Partner on ad-hoc projects from time to time.
In the event of unforeseen secretarial absences within the department, assist fee earners by providing typing and administrative support.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Rob Pitchford, HR Assistant, Brindley Twist Tafft & James LLP, Lowick Gate, Siskin Drive, Coventry, CV3 4JF or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note – Previous candidates, whether direct or via an agency, need not apply.