We are looking for a Conveyancing Secretary / Receptionist to join our family friendly Balsall Common office which is newly expanded and refurbished. The role is available on a permanent basis.
Preferred hours of work- Monday to Friday 9:30am to 2:30 pm
Or Monday and Wednesdays 9:00am – 5:15pm but other hours (up to and including FT) will be considered.
As we have 4 offices, and you may need to undertake training at one of the other locations, it is therefore preferable for candidates to hold a full UK Driving Licence and have their own transport.
This role will be a combination of Front of house reception duties and conveyancing legal secretary duties
Previous experience as a secretary is essential – full training will be given as required.
It is essential that you have audio typing knowledge
Ideally you will have a good working knowledge of MS Word (track changes and formatting of large documents) and Outlook.
Your duties ultimately will include: –
- Switchboard – Process incoming telephone calls with no undue delay and in a courteous and helpful manner, to receive and process all visitors to the firm, especially clients, in a helpful, friendly, and professional manner. Note: there is additional PT support at our Balsall Common office for the front of house role and there are Full-time receptionists in our other offices so you will be picking up mainly calls for Balsall Common and some overflow from the other offices.
- audio typing and copy typing
- preparation of contracts, transfer deeds and mortgage deeds
- using Land Registry portal
- dealing with clients in person and via telephone
- taking messages
- general office duties
- ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements e.g., CML, CQS, SRA and anti-money laundering.
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Rob Pitchford, HR Assistant, Brindley Twist Tafft & James LLP, Lowick Gate, Siskin Drive, Coventry, CV3 4JF or email to email@example.com
Please note – Previous candidates, whether direct or via an agency, need not apply