We are looking to recruit an experienced Conveyancing Fee earner who is either a qualified Licensed Conveyancer, Solicitor or CILEX with over 2 years plus experience in conveyancing.
The role will involve assisting the Head of Conveyancing to ensure the department’s compliance in respect of OS1 expiries, ensuring LMS/Lender Exchange and the lenders are kept up to date, and that we comply with the lender’s terms and conditions.
Ensure shared calendars are kept up to date, and monitor expiry dates. To co-ordinate with the Admin Team to ensure File Reviews are completed in a timely manner, and corrective actions implemented, before passing to the Administration team for logging.
To undertake fee-earning work and cover the Head of Department’s case load in times of absence, and when other compliance priorities prevail.
Provide a profitable, yet fully compliant, contribution to the work of the department and the Firm.
To ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the business plan.
- LMS/Lender Exchange/Lenders are kept up to date regarding case progress on their respective portals. This must be in a timely manner to ensure no investigations commence or fines are issued and panel membership with the lenders is maintained.
- To co-ordinate and ensure the files reviews are conducted, and completed in a timely manner, and corrective actions implemented before passing to the administration team for logging.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients, cover the work of the Head of Department, and assist other Fee Earners if required, upon the instruction of HoD.
- To be responsible for day to day running of fee earning files with minimum supervision from your Head of Department ensuring compliance with internal procedures and SRA guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with the firm’s practice manual, SRA Code of Conduct and the CQS standard and Conveyancing Protocol & Core Practice Management Standards.
- To carry out any additional tasks as may reasonably be required by your Head of Department or the Partners.
- The above list is not intended to be exhaustive, and a large degree of flexibility is expected.
Our conveyancing department deals with all aspects of residential property work including sales, purchases, probate sales, transfers of equity, re-mortgages, and equity release.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Rob Pitchford, HR Assistant, Brindley Twist Tafft & James LLP, Lowick Gate, Siskin Drive, Coventry, CV3 4JF or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note – Previous candidates, whether direct or via an agency, need not apply.